Our children are a reflection of us!
When I'm teaching children about kindness 20% is talking and the other 80% is showing. AFTER ALL KINDNESS COST NOTHING!
E.G it's easy to talk about kindness and show it to people that give it but in situations when it's easier to be angry, showing kindness and understanding will really make a difference to the world. After all its what the person clearly needs and showing children this will leave an imprint on their heart!
As people living in a busy world, we can be guilty of taking our stresses and worries out on those that need us most.
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN RUNNING LATE FOR WORK AND YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR KEYS, SUDDENLY YOUR CHILD ASKS SOMETHING IN THE MOST POLITE WAY BUT INCONVENIENT TIME SO YOU SHOUT AT THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE STRESSED AND THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE MAKES YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR SOME TIME?
Does this sound similar???
We all do it! I find in these situations the following steps make the aftermath easier:
2. Take responsibility and apologise
3. Forgive yourself, get complete and move on
4.Take steps to be more mindful and organised resulting in less stressed times and more happy times that no matter the situation you are conscious of being mindful
ITS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER;
YOU can ONLY CONTROL what YOU SAY OR DO!
YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OF OTHER THINGS OR PEOPLE! Once this really speaks to you there is a level of freedom that comes with living with authenticity, kindness and good intentions.
Showing kindness and compassion is what the world needs! Especially the vulnerable!
IT'S IMPORTANT TO REMIND OURSELVES THAT EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT PERFECT, THERE IS ALWAYS SCOPE FOR IMPROVEMENT! WHEN WE WORK ON OUR SELF DEVELOPMENT WE NATURALLY ENHANCE THOSE AND THE ENVIRONMENT AROUND US! It's such a beautiful thing!
Below are some FREE simple daily things to show kindness and possibly change somebody's world:
* BE MINDFUL OF PEOPLE! When you feel like you want to shout/curse, think of the impact this will have. Take deep breaths. ( I sometimes sing very enthusiastically if I feel the heat rising)
1. Greet everyone you see with a smile and COMPLIMENT THEM
2. Ask people how they are/ how their day is goung! Whilst talking to someone in public (customer service/travelling etc)
3. If you see someone struggling, HELP THEM!
4. Hold the door open
5. Let someone cut you in line
6. Help pack someone's shopping at a till
7. Show consideration,, manners and respect ( regardless of whether you think they are deserving of it)
* HELP THE VULNERABLE!
1. Acknowledge them.
2. Take time to hear their story
3. Take them out for food. Get involved with the community to see how we can help them.
I know a lot of vulnerable people on the streets in the area and they say they appreciate a conversation equally as much or sometimes more than money!
* GET TO KNOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS/COMMUNITY
1. Check in on them
2. Bring their post/parcels, see if they need help with shopping or companionship
1.RAISE MONEY for a local CHARITY (baking/riding/running/rowing/packing shopping etc)
2. Give up some time to be there for people
3. Donate items instead of throwing
* BE MINDFUL OF THE ENVIRONMENT!
2. Less waste
3. Consider eating a more plant based diet as this leaves less carbon footprint/pollution etc amongst other benefits
4.USE LESS PLASTIC
THE TRUTH IS WE CAN DO MORE EVERYDAY. BY SHOWING THE ABOVE WE ARE FREAKING A BETTER WORLD FOR OUR CHILDREN AND EVERYONE IN IT.
WHAT THINGS CAN YOU OR DO YOU DO TO SHOW KINDNES