It's imperative to know the following!!!
Your mindset when working alongside children whether you are a parent/care provider etc is everything!
No matter how your child is feeling you can create a great day by changing YOUR mindset. After all, children learn from us!
When a child is dealing with lots of different emotions which results in lots of tantrums please understand that they are frustrated! The only thing they need is your love, compassion and attention.
For example; if you saw a distessed person sobbing, frudtrated and deeply upset on the street, how wpuld you handle it?
would you shout and them and give them a time out? Would you call them naughty? Im sure you agree that the rigjt thing to do wpuld be to help them by showing compassion! This is the same for children...
NEVER shout! This instantly creates a disempowering feeling and both parties get stressed! If you have already got to this point just brush it off, be gentle with yourself and the little ones, forgive yourself and move on.
I absoloutley promise you when you approach the above with compassion and with the thinking ' how can I ease the child out of the hard time?', instead of ' why is my child giving me a hard time?' Life will instantly become easier! You and your child will experience more freedom, happiness and less frustrations.
I also highly recommend the following for the family;
* keeping to the same schedule daily. Always explain the routine and what will happen next. Children like to be involved
* practising mindfulness/meditation/yoga with your child and alone
* provide significant one to one time daily with the child to meet their personal and emotional needs
* provide healthy food and always have at least 5-7 of the recommended daily fruit and veg
* avoid high sugar foods/drinks
* get the child involve! Meet their needs! Ask them what they want to do. Try and make sure the children do a messy/art activity and outside activity everyday!
* talk to children. Get involved! Put down the list screens/interactive toys and LISTEN, TALK, PLAY AND LEARN!
* read! Create a great bedtime routine
THIS IS THE ROUTINE I GO BY! IT WORKS WONDERS...
- cuddles & milk
- meditation, singing & story time
- praise them for their daily efforts
- leave with light music for the child to sleep with ( lullaby/meditation music/nursery ryhmes)
* You are the adult, they are the child. They are only children! Seek out to understand them. Be calm but also rambert that you are human.
Lock yourself in the pantry if appropriate 😉🙈😂😉😂!
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR CHILDREN'S TANTRUMS/FRUSTRATION, WOULD LIKE TO UNDERSTAND THEIR BEHAVIOUR OR WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY COACHING/CONSULTING OR OTHER SERVICES PLEASE VISIT MY SITE AT www.thenurturingnanny.com
Please share this to raise awareness for anyone that may need it.
I have enclosed a step by step programme below.